Saturday, April 27, 2013

New melt and pour soap

So far I've made a few batches of melt and pour soap. I have yet to be super pleased with my results, but every time I'm a little closer to awesome.
This is layered soap (honey!), with benzoin and fullers earth clay, colored purple, with various things peppered in. Lavender and rose buds came from the awesome Stone Cottage. This is also the first time I've used this mold.
top two are rose buds, bottom left is lavender and right is dried mandarin orange. that was a last minute idea.


I should make little cloth bags for these so the herbs don't clog up my drain.


closer look at the layers. Should have waited a little longer to pour the second (top) layer.
I melted the soap in glass jars placed in a pot of hot water instead of in the microwave. I used red and blue coloring to make a purple soap. This is also the first time I've used white m&p base, as well as clay. Didn't use any scents, figured the flowers would be enough.
Also found some grapeseed oil, and am infusing rose petals right now.

My next idea is to use the left over calendula and rose buds from the infusions in the honey soap too.

No comments:

Post a Comment